Friday, November 18, 2011

Is hurricane Earl going to hit the northeast, specifically the New York City region?

The tracks are showing it headed towards the northeast, but does anyone have a more expert take on things? Or opinions?|||I don't think it will. The trough should hold keep it out to sea. I do think that it will make a much closer pass to the US coast than Danielle. Earl looks disorganized this morning- I think it is catching some wind shear from Danielle. However, I think it will strengthen later.





Here's the projected tracks from the 00z model runs. They are in good agreement, and as you can see, keep Earl out to sea.





http://raleighwx.easternuswx.com/models/鈥?/a>





Here is a link where you can track it, and keep abreast of it yourself





http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/|||All I keep hearing is for the East Coast to keep an eye on it. I would check The Weather Channel if I were you.





In my opinion, it has been a very hot summer p here (Im in Long Island) the water temperatures have remaied a steady 75 degrees....very warm and very attractive for a Hurricane.

Report Abuse


|||Well I can provide you with my expert opinion...


Hurricane Earl is not expected to make landfall on the east coast. It will make a close approach to the NC OBX but then it will curve the northeast and out into the open Atlantic. I do not think it will affect you other than some clouds and maybe a shower or two.|||Too early to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment